Oracle Virtual box upgradation issue

I recently tried to run Xubuntu 12.04 on virtualbox 1.2.0.It was working fine.Then due to some bug in my head :) tried to upgrade virtualbox to VirtualBox-4.2.0_RC3 from here.

Now without uninstalling the previous version I installed it.It created problem.While running any Vms after installing extension pack it gave error [" failed to load vmmr0.r0 (verr_ldr_mismatch_native)"].

This issue is intially I couldn't solve.Later I solved the issue as following.
Remove virtualBox ,remove folders from Program Files then removing "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox" {Need administrative privilege}

Now install VBox freshly and import the virtual image projects/Disks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would like to confirm this procedure as solution for

virtualbox failed to load vmmr0.r0 (verr_ldr_mismatch_native)

for Windows Vista host of Ubuntu using Virtual Box 4.2.16, meaning remove the folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Oracle

Popular posts from this blog

Airtel Digital tv remote factory reset and reprogram

Tracking Linux kworker threads

Asynchronus I/O (AIO) in vxworks and Linux